The Lanier Law Firm is one of the most experienced asbestos litigation law firms in the world. The firm's expertise and reputation, in these cases, derives from a long, successful track record that spans nearly two decades. Asbestos and other chemicals that have many recognized positive and helpful uses also could be dangerous or even fatal. Unfortunately, Americans are frequently exposed to toxic chemicals, whether they are discharged accidentally into our air or water, or we are exposed to them in our schools or workplace. Fatal illnesses can be caused by exposure to toxic chemicals, including:
The Lanier Law Firm has significant experience working on behalf of families and victims of chemical exposures. Since 1998, Mark Lanier has won countless substantial recoveries on behalf those affected by asbestos exposure and suffering from mesothelioma. Just one of those cases centered around 21 steelworkers who contracted the asbestos disease at an Alabama steel mill (Aaron, et al. v. Abex, et al, February 1998). The workers were exposed to asbestos while using a grinding wheel. The jury found the defendants liable for marketing and design defects, negligence, gross negligence and malice.
Our attorneys have a wealth of experience dealing with the specialized scientific and medical issues involved in asbestos and toxic exposure lawsuits. Our reputation for courtroom excellence gives us the added leverage to negotiate significant settlements on behalf of our clients, who would rather be spending time with their families than sitting through a trial.
Just a few examples of substantial recoveries on behalf of our clients include:
- a 22-year-old woman with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos as a child while attending school in an aging school building;
- a 67-year-old refinery worker with mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer caused by years of asbestos exposure in his workplace;
- a 39-year-old brake mechanic with mesothelioma caused by exposure to asbestos found in automotive friction products;
- a 48-year-old woman with mesothelioma who was exposed as a child to asbestos that was carried home on her father's work clothes. Her exposure was a result of playing with her father when he got home from work before he changed his clothes and from helping to launder the work clothes;
- a 78-year-old railroad worker with mesothelioma who was exposed to asbestos over years on the job;
- a 38-year-old man with brain cancer caused by exposure to vinyl chloride through his job working in a PVC plant.
We are also pursuing claims for other workers in high risk occupations, including:
Vinyl chloride plant workers, polyvinyl chloride fabricators and beauticians and barbers. Vinyl chloride can cause angiosarcoma of the liver and in some cases glioblastoma of the brain.
The Lanier Law Firm understands the emotional and financial stress caused by chemical-induced illnesses, and our lawyers receive a tremendous amount of satisfaction knowing that they're helping families in their time of greatest need.
Contact us for more information about our Toxic Exposures practice.